Keeping your baby's toys clean and germ-free is essential for their health and wellbeing. But with so many products on the market, it can be hard to know which ones are safe and effective. Fortunately, there are plenty of natural, non-toxic ways to clean and disinfect baby toys without exposing your little one to harsh chemicals. Here are nine tips on how to disinfect baby toys naturally. To wash baby toys by hand, mix 10 to 15 drops of a natural dish soap with hot water in a large bowl.
Dip a clean microfiber cloth into this solution and rub the toys completely. Rinse each one with warm water, removing any soap residue. Allow them to air dry or wipe them with a clean towel. Wooden toys are naturally antibacterial, but they can also absorb dirt and grime. If the toy is very dirty, clean it with a couple drops of natural dish soap in warm water and a microfiber cloth.
Natural disinfectant wipes are another great way to clean toys, plus they are easy and convenient to use. Vinegar is an edible, natural by-product of fruits and vegetables, making it safe for your baby. Karen Sokal-Gutierrez, professor and child health expert at the University of California's Berkeley School of Public Health, recommends cleaning baby toys regularly, perhaps once a month. If you wash wooden toys in the sink, dry them immediately after washing to avoid damage to the wood. When using a disinfectant or cleaning product for toys and other household surfaces, it is important to ensure that it is not harmful to your baby. Start by cleaning baby toys to remove any visible dirt, then rinse with water and apply disinfectant (see instructions below).If you're looking for an eco-friendly way to keep your baby's toys clean and germ-free, try these nine tips:
- Clean toys with soap and water before disinfecting.
- Mix 10-15 drops of natural dish soap with hot water in a bowl.
- Dip a clean microfiber cloth into the solution and rub the toys completely.
- Rinse each toy with warm water, removing any soap residue.
- Allow them to air dry or wipe them with a clean towel.
- Clean wooden toys with natural dish soap in warm water.
- Use natural disinfectant wipes for easy and convenient cleaning.
- Vinegar is an edible, natural by-product that is safe for babies.
- Dry wooden toys immediately after washing to avoid damage.
With these nine tips on how to disinfect baby toys naturally, you can keep your house germ-free without exposing your baby to harsh chemicals.